Sunday, July 24, 2011

STARTING OVER

Here we go again.  I have been blogging for nearly a year now on another site.  Unfortunately someone found it entertaining to hack the site twice.  I haven't noticed that people on this host have a lot of problems, so I am starting again here.  Hopefully this works out.

My hubby and I recently celebrated our 25th anniversary.  We took a little road trip to where we spent our honeymoon.  Things have sure changed. This is overlooking Osoyoos, B.C.

No road trip is complete without a trip to a quilt shop -- or seven. First up is a little shop in Oliver, that used to be Miss Molly's.  It's now Heathers Threadz.  I was surprised at her selection. Hers is the shop on the left.




Also in Oliver is Wine Country Quilts.  A very tiny shop that even has a long-arm !


I visited a few in Kelowna as well.  Lastly, we stopped at Pleasant Valley Quilting in Armstrong.


Across the street is the historic Armstrong Hotel.  Isn't it pretty? I would love to stay for a night if they are still taking visitors.


  I still think we have one of the nicest quilt shoppes right here in Kamloops, at Katja's .  The selection is amazing, and the samples are finished.  So much nicer to see a finished quilt rather than just a top.
Always nice to get away, but always nice to come home.

2 comments:

Katja said...

Hi Carla, Welcome to Blogspot.
Couldn't believe the name of the shop beside Heather's Fabricz in Oliver. Appropriate!
Great start-over post!

NiCoLe said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Many more to come!