Saturday, August 13, 2011

SUNKISSED SIDEWALK

Earlier this year, a line came out from Sweetwater called Sunkissed.  It was very well received by a lot of quilters.  This quilter was no different.  I loved it!  So fresh and fun.  Quilts popped up everywhere on blog land using this fabric.  This is what I did with it,  plus a little Central Park by Kate Spain thrown in.
Here it is in dappled sunlight.


You know how inspiration is everywhere?  Well this quilt was inspired by the pattern in the sidewalk right outside the shoppe where I work.


I looked at it so many times and had the idea in my head for months.  When this fabric came in, I knew it was the one to use in the quilt.

Linda quilted it for me.  She suggested I use a polyester batting so the quilting would really pop. As you can see in the sunlight, it really does. (sorry for the wrinkles)




Isn't the quilting beautiful?




This is one of my all-time favourite quilts.
She has another one of mine ( a Christmas quilt)  that I just finished piecing.  Can't wait to see what she does with it!

No comments: