Friday, September 13, 2013

MID MONTH MOSAIC

Can you believe we are nearly half way through September? I'm already missing the long days of summer with endless daylight. This is a mosaic I put together of some of the things I've been working on so far :


1.  The City Sampler quilt. I have a start on it with one block. The book is available at Katja's
2.  Churn Dash blocks for Toni in the Bee Purposeful group
3.  I've started sewing my Hexi-bets together
4.  Buckets for goodies
5.  16 Patch for Heal@do. good stitches group
6.  Modern Maples wedding quilt


I have to say I'm pretty excited about this start. The fabrics are a bundle I picked up at Quilt Market. Wrens & Friends for Moda.


These are 6" blocks and it's all straightforward piecing - no templates.

In case you are looking for a way to bust your Stash, Linda is having a quilt along. I've not started yet, but she is only on week 2 so there is time to catch up           : )

Back soon with another finish
Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

You are on a ROLL! Wow. Love the look of Wrens & Friends... such a pretty mix of colors.

Debbie said...

Love that you are diving into the city sampler blocks. lovely fabrics! And may I just say this month is going too fast?!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Oh Carla, those fabrics look adorable! x Teje

Lynne said...

September feels like it's slipping away, but you already have a lot done!
It's so fun to start something new, especially with a fresh pile of fabric. Love the piece with the bird on it.

Gramma Quilter said...

So fun. Love The wrens and friends fabric. Just keep sewing, just keep sewing.

Heather D. said...

It's a great month for you so far, Carla. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric bundle. So pretty.

Kim said...

'Time waiteth for no man'...nor woman for that matter!! But....you certainly are making the most of your time Carla!! The Wrens and Friends fabric is so pretty!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I can't wait to see your finished hexie alphabet quilt.

quiltmania said...

I picked up my city sampler today. It looks like a lot of fun!

Cathy said...

I want that book!!!!

Susan said...

I love the fabrics you have chosen for the Tula Pink sampler!

Carrie P. said...

Pretty finishes. I haven't seen the wren fabric yet. I do like it a lot.

Krista Schneider said...

hexibets! how cute! and clever. that tula sampler looks like fun but i've managed to resist for now :D