Monday, March 28, 2016

A NEW START

I love a reason to start a new project : )  April is my month to get blocks from the ladies in the Spellingbee group and I'm excited for this quilt !

I've asked them for words related to knitting and the quilt will hang in my yarn shop when it's finished. I'm thinking it will be a cute addition to the wall behind the desk and inspiration for knitters who also quilt.

I made a block for myself to get things started.  Low volume backgrounds with modern prints for the letters.


Psso--pass slipped stitch over.  It will be fun when the blocks start arriving in the mail. I'll post pictures too


Is it an age thing to start liking purple???  This year has me all over the colour plum.  Just look at that gorgeous yarn.

I've been remiss in mentioning these magazines as I get them.  Simply Moderne is put out by Quiltmania and is sort of hard to find. Our local Chapters gets them in sometimes.  They have great patterns in them and the photography is beautiful.  I'm sure one of my kids would love that deer quilt



and I love this one too.  If anyone knows where I can get a few more hours in my day, please let me know !

Enjoy your week

Carla

17 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Love your PSSO! That is going to make such a fun quilt.

Marie said...

I love the idea of your quilt and I'm sure it will add another dimension to your already wonderful décor.
Have been thinking of you all week and wishing I had been there to enjoy your Knit 2, best wishes.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Extra time? If you figure out how to get your hands on some, let me know! How was the first week of your knitting shop?

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I've been looking for more hours in the day since forever! Your quilt with the knitting 'words' is going to great. A perfect addition to your new shop :)

OPQuilt said...

I think if you could sell *A Few More Hours in a Day* in your shop, you'd have people banging down the door! I'm excited to contribute a word or two to your quilt--so fun!
Elizabeth

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your block and the quilt will be a great addition to your fabulous shop!

Susan said...

Looking forward to contributing to your fun quilt Carla! I love Quilt Moderne too but have awful trouble finding it here too! And the cost makes me take a deep breath as i pass with A$20+ !!

Robby said...

What a fun idea for your bee quilt. I would think having it hang in the shop would be a little like having your bee mates watching over you, too. I look forward to seeing the progress and end result.

Carla said...

What a great quilt this one will be. Can't wait to see it at your shop.

Karen said...

Wow that deer is amazing! Great magazines. Hoping to stop by with Jeannie tomorrow. She needs to get away from the hospital and what better way than to visit your shop...

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Carla! Quilt with words for your shop is a perfect idea and this will be beautiful! I love that deer quilt, too! x Teje

Kim said...

I could think of a few words relating to knitting for your quilt....but perhaps they would not be suitable for display in your li'l yarn shop! =) Seriously, what a genius idea, Carla. I can't wait to see what your group comes up with! That book looks amazing. The deer quilt is fabulous!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

That's going to be one incredible quilt! I can't wait to see it. And now I must go track down those magazines... gorgeous!

Karen S said...

Great idea for the blocks for your quilt. It will be interesting to see the blocks made by your group. Love the fabrics in your block.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the idea of making a word quilt for your new yarn shop. Hope it's going well. I listened to a Podcast the other day of Katja being interviewed and she mentioned your name. I thought, hey I know Carla. Cool.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I think my word would be help! I've never got the hang of knitting!!!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I'm so excited to be making a word for you. And when you find some of those extra hours, save a couple and send them my way. :)